Sunday, January 15, 2012

Update for February

I feel like we've been on an emotional see-saw the last month, trying to finalize our plans with regard for my anti-human trafficking training in February. Earlier this week, we learned that the dates of the training have been pushed back a week to begin February 13. This worked out in our favor. With the new dates, there will now be housing available for our entire family on the OMS campus from February 12 through the end of the month. So, the whole family will be driving to Greenwood instead of me flying by myself! Troy will still be teaching the children during this time, but now we won't be separated for an entire month at a time. As there is not housing available for the whole family after March 2, however, Troy and the kids will be staying off-campus for the remaining week of my training. So we'll only have about a week apart as a family as opposed to four.

This brings me to some urgent prayer requests:

1. Troy and the kids need to find reasonably priced (or even free) housing from March 2 to March 15. When my training sessions are over on March 9, I'll be joining the family for that last week of our stay in Indiana. If you know of any available housing, can host the family in your home, or would like to help with the cost of a hotel stay (possibly something like an Extended Stay that would have a kitchen in the room(s)), please let us know. You can email either myself at jennygentry06@gmail.com, or Troy at troygentry4@hotmail.com. Thank you!

2. Troy is trying to fill each Wednesday and Sunday of our stay with church meetings. He's also available and would love to fill some of the days as well with individual meetings. Please pray with us that God will help him to do so. And if you would like to invite our family to speak in your church, or would love to hear more about our ministry, please contact us at the above emails.

Thank you very much for praying with and for us for these needs!

The anticipation is building as I look forward to my training. I feel a renewed sense of purpose--that God really does have a ministry in mind for me. Please do not think for a second that I place any less of a value on the ministry I have to my own children, and through my family. I know that there is absolutely nothing in this world more important than training the family God entrusted to us to love and serve Him. But I've also been looking for a ministry I can call my own during the hours my children are in school--and for when they are grown and no longer need their Mama in quite the same way. I believe this is it. I can't wait to be able to share more with you as I go through the process.

No comments: