Saturday, January 21, 2012

Anti-Human Trafficking Training Dates

I received the finalized dates for the training yesterday and wanted to share them with you so that you could be praying with me specifically for this training and for those involved. There appear to be just under a dozen of us taking the training, which will be a nice group of people to study with. I've always been a person that prefers a more intimate learning setting than a big auditorium or classroom packed with people.

Please keep praying with me that the Lord will show me some ways I can serve with Hope61 in Mexico City (as there is not currently a ministry branch in the city). I am not merely taking this training just to learn something about human trafficking. This is an issue I feel very passionately about and believe God has laid it on my heart for a specific reason. Thank you for your continued prayer support.

The dates of the training are:

Week 1 - February 13-15*
Week 2 - February 20-22*
Week 3 - February 27-29*
Week 4 - March 12-14*

*The main training sessions with the director of Hope61 will be held three days each week. The remaining two days each week will consist of smaller group sessions. There is also a month of study I must complete on my own before my training is complete and I'm allowed to actively minister. There is the possibility that I'll be using some of those extra days to complete this work as well.*

I'll have a week off between weeks three and four while some of the members of the group participate in OMS Candidate Orientation, something Troy and I have already completed. The nice thing is that I'll be able to spend that week with the family at the cabin they'll be staying in. It'll be a nice opportunity for some R&R during my training.

No comments: