Saturday, October 12, 2013

My New Best Friend

This past Thursday a few of us missionaries and some national leaders had the chance take food, clothes, and basic supplies to the two churches OMS has in Acapulco. Due to the hurricane that passed through there a couple of weeks ago, they were in great need of some relief. I will share a bit more of that trip later. However, I first want to tell you about a little boy I met named Marvin. Marin was there with his two year old sister, his mom, his aunt & uncle, and his cousin. I know this because he was a very out going little boy and told me all of this without my asking. One thing I did ask however, was how old he was. He replied that he was nine and then proceeded to ask me how old I was. When I told him I was thirty-six his eyes got really big and he recoiled backward in shock. I chuckled and said, "I know, I'm old". Yet, without missing a beat, he got a very serious look on his face, leaned back forward and said, "But you have a young looking face". Well, played Marvin. Well, played. You are my new best friend.

No comments: