Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Provision Before We Knew We Had a Need

A post I made yesterday in our Facebook group, "Gentrys' Mission to Mexico": Sometimes God provides before we even realize we have a need. A month ago when we applied for our passports, the lady had one extra picture of everyone leftover. Instead of just disposing of these, she said to me, "Some of these are quite good. You might like to have these extras just to keep." I thanked her and stuffed them in my purse. Fast forward to this morning. Almost the first thing requested by the consulate representative were pictures of each of us to affix to our visa applications. Troy and I glanced at each other in a panic. Pictures? Nobody said anything about pictures! Before our eyes, our hopes of walking away with the visas disappeared. What were we to do??? And then I remembered the extra passport pictures. And exclaimed, "Hello!! I have some in my purse!" I'm quite sure the poor man was unsure of what to think of my outburst, especially when I alternately giggled and appeared on the verge of tears. We are sitting at McDonald's (where there is wifi) waiting for our paperwork to be completed. Thank God for His provision; we'll be leaving Houston later today with six visas!

No comments: