Friday, July 22, 2011

Excitement in the Mundane

Today we took our lunch break to open a savings account here in Greenwood, something that is a totally mundane occurrence. Until the woman setting up the account asked me (Jenny) where I work. I instantly blurted, "Nowhere," as that is what has customarily been my answer. Then the thought struck me that yes, I am employed. As a salary-receiving missionary candidate of One Mission Society, I most certainly am employed. Troy later remarked that he'd been able to respond to that question with, "I work at Wesley Biblical Seminary", but then, with a similar jolt, realized that was not true.

A mundane occurrence such as opening a savings account profoundly impacted us by serving as a stark reminder of our commitment to step out of the boat and trust God fully for our every needs---especially our funding needs.

Thank You, God, for the excitement in the mundane.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ha! That's fun. It is exciting, to know that HE provides your security, your salary and your answer of "work". Hallelujah!