Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Meeting at Debra Heights Wesleyan Church

I (Jenny) had the opportunity on June 29 to give my very first missionary meeting without Troy. The kids and I had gone to Iowa to visit my family and while there had the chance to speak in Grandma Harris' home church, Debra Heights Wesleyan Church. I was very nervous about speaking as I tend to get very emotional while talking about our ministry. Thankfully, the morning was covered with prayer and the Lord really helped me to express the things I felt most important for the people to hear. Everything that could've gone wrong went well (we'd spoken in a church where we couldn't get our power point presentation to work but thanks to my tech-genius Aunt Sandy, things went well)! The kids opened our time by helping me sing 3 verses of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" (bet you didn't know there were actually 3 verses did you? I'll let you puzzle that one for yourselves....). My new brother-in-law Rob and I performed a skit that could truly be called 'lost in translation'. It cracked everybody up (including us!) and was so much fun to do. Then I had my time of sharing followed by our power point presentation to wrap things up. The church took a very nice love offering for us and then prayed over the kids and me, everyone gathering around us at the altar. It was a precious time and I'm very thankful for the opportunity to be there. Now I know that if push comes to shove, I CAN speak on my own...although I'm more than thankful that Troy will be joining me for our next meeting!

No comments: