Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sunday Worship...Mexican Style


Sunday we had the privilege of attending a worship service with some fellow missionaries (the Mackinnon crew, Margaret and Robin). Before the service we sat down on the church grounds for a Mexican breakfast (not steak and eggs by any means but YUMMY; I think it will take me a long time to get used to eating refried beans for breakfast) and our kids had an opportunity to meet and play with the older Mackinnon kids. They all played and talked like they'd known each other for years, something that this mother's heart was thankful for. Of course, since I don't speak a lick of Spanish, as has already been stated, I mostly listened to the sounds of praise being lifted up in Spanish. Even though I didn't understand what was being said or sung my heart was content and felt at home. Half-way through the sermon I discovered that tears were streaming down my face (again) and I honestly couldn't explain why other than to say that I feel so at home among the Mexican people in the City that my heart was just crying out to be able to stay.





Another privilege for us was watching a Mexican missionary to India give his missionary presentation during the service. As something that we are currently doing ourselves, it was really neat to witness a Mexican going through the same process. Just like we are working to get to Mexico with the gospel, this Mexican is working to get to India with the gospel! Just as we will have to learn Spanish to effectively minister in Mexico, this man will have to learn the various dialects he will need to effectively minister in India.

No comments: